Sunday, August 31, 2008

Rusty Dusty

I love old things. rusty, dusty, chippy, peely, cracky, weathered, worn, tattered and torn. broken in, soft. things with a soul. things that have already lived a life before me now. things that tell a story. like my favorite 501 button ups. my original pair of Birkenstocks. that yellow beach blanket. Matts Harley tank top. my old leather backpack. my house full of quilt collections, broken furniture, peeling paint, creaky floors and crooked doors. mt photo journey takes you all the way to Mexico, San Antonio, La Grange, Round Top, Warrenton, and Shelby.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those rusty knockers!
HA!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

You just described everything I love as well, even love all the towns you mentioned! I keep saying that one day I'm going to get a weekend place near Warrenton, who knows maybe soon!!

Lauri Evans said...

What a great blog! I love every single thing you photographed and mentioned. Hope we get to meet in Texas!
ox lulu of chippys