Wednesday, April 27, 2011

52 Photos Project

~NOURISH~


This weeks prompt is "Nourish"

After spending all day in my kitchen, 
this puddle of water was left behind 
in one of my pans after rinsing it.
What a gift!
I made a huge pot of Ratatouille using 
fresh local organic summer vegetables.
This makes me happy.
Some say I am a food snob. I am OK with that.
I tend to look the other way and prefer to go hungry 
if bad food is the only thing available.
So I make a choice to participate in "Slow Food" 
when possible
I try to set a happy table, free of the clutter, 
no bills to be paid, hammers, nails and screws, cellphones.
I grew up in a home where we ate in the kitchen, no TV
I still do, and do not own a TV
Matt and I have started The Happy Belly food business
where we participate in the Food Love and focus on healthy fares.
I will be teaching a Gluten-Free Cooking class in June.
We now sell 6 flavors of Happy Belly Hummus!
This post is making me hungry!
The kitchen is the heart beat of the home where families gather, and not only nourish the body, but heart, mind and soul as well.






13 comments:

the gypsy chick said...

can i sign up now???
the funny thing is that i was just wishing that you would do a cooking class!!! SO EXCITED!!!
LoVe you!!!
XoXxo
amy

Silver Sisters said...

Oh deb, I so want to come to Texas for your cooking class!

rebecca said...

you nurture me in ways i can hardly begin to express.
love love love your photo choice for today.
let's make everything we do with love..
each thought, every action.

can't wait until we sit at the same table again.

(come see the new shrines....)

stephey : Marked By The Muse™ said...

Love this image of the spoon and heart - priceless! So, didn't know you were a gluten free cook. I'm a gluten free baker by way of celiac. ten years ago it was difficult to prepare GF without it being extremely labor intensive now it is much easier, for one thing I no longer make my own flour, thank you King Arthur.

bella said...

Deb.. I love it, a liquid heart in a pan tended with so much love.

Thank you so much for your support and for playing along, week 1.
xo

Gill said...

mmm, happy belly hummus. i can't focus now.

lovely serendipitous water droplet in the pan...

xo

beth said...

you have no idea how i wish i was close enough to stop by once a week for some of your food....your cooking....your love.....
xo

Karen D said...

I love the slow food movement and this is a great reminder to give it more attention in my life. I love the heart shaped puddle, silver against the black. good to see you here.
Karen d from Muse

Meri said...

Can anyone play?

Anonymous said...

Dear Deb,
I will participate in this project as well. How did you find out about it.
The picture is gorgeous. Love coming from the pot right into the belly. Hmmmmm.
Well, it made me rethink my recent food choices and that I wish to get back into a more alive diet.
Love from Eva

Unknown said...

stunning shot. love the shadow play there.

with you on the whole slow food concept too.

Cheryl said...

You are inspiring me once again to venture out of my comfort zone. How do you find these wonderful sites? Thanks for visiting my blog. As usual, your picture is stunning!

Milena said...

A gift indeed, what a gorgeous photograph. You have given me something to think about as I often rush; food is on the go or at least has to be conveniently quick. Yet I really enjoy 'slow' meals, taking the time to enjoy food and company. Can't wait to see more of your work on Bella's website x