Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Making Magic Selfies

This is the time of year when funny hats, costumes, wigs and masks come out of the closet. And so do we. We play dress up. We role play. 

here is my backstory about this photo...2013

The prompt that day was "experiment with stillness and movement" as well as another concept of "In Disguise" So I dressed up silly, sorta sexy. The combination made me laugh out loud just as I heard footsteps approaching my wide open front door. So here I am...on the floor, scantily dressed in vintage corset, wig, funky glasses, sipping wine front of my camera and tripod. Uhm...yes. The moment of outburst laughter is what made this photo work.

I am hosting an online party until the end of month ( Instagram and Facebook ) #MakeMagicSelfie
Come join the fun..






Tell me, what calls your name to dress up and play another role that does not fit your ordinary daily routine?
Is it a funky hat ? Maybe an old leather vest ? Or how about those black patent pumps ?
This is the time of year where costumes and parties invite us to become someone else…or are we really dressing up to be just like ourselves?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

look at these great images!!! you know me...love to dress up, play that catrina!!
x...x