Tuesday, July 21, 2009

another good day, repost from July 2008

When the art is flowing, and the muse is working overtime, ya gotta be with it! Pay attention. Don't let go. Forget the laundry, the dinner, the aching feet and back.....just go get a jug of wine, a bottle of water, a handful of trail mix, light another stick of incense, spin another record and open the door to allow the cool evening breeze to tame the sweaty brow. LET THE MAGIC BEGIN! Fish are sewn, old jeans are transformed into aprons, bottle caps and old wool sweaters become precious little pincushions!

“The Divine Spirit is a Wild Pinto kicking inside you. Let her run.” Kris Carr

~The secret of getting things done is to act~ Dante Alighieri

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you so captured the good flowing of mojo! I love this type of creating and I miss it. Can't wait to see your wonderful Art Room!

Love seeing what you all are creating! Fantastic Art!

Dawn

Sher said...

I want that done to a pair of my pants. I want to wear them today. Lovely pin cushions. I love the whimsical creations you have and it reflects the coolness and fricken weirdness we love about you. Just wished I was half as cool.

Kim Mailhot said...

Ooooo ! So manty juciy things happening in your neck of the woods, lovely Deb ! I am so in love with that apron !!!

I would love to work on a art work trade with you ! That would be so fun ! I am very flattered that you are liking my style - from some one as talented as you, it means an extra lot !
Things are busy at the homestead this week with lovely visitors, but maybe we could work something out next week. I will e-mail ya !
Have a great Tuesday night !

Say It In Color said...

Love the pin cushions Deb. I bought some at the show, for my grand daughter, thanks! And love the apron!!

misty said...

oh how i love that photo of your love at the sewing machine.

keep the magic coming! :)

xoxoxoo

FAQ said...

Love your advice, I have enchalada casserole done....timer is beeping, two wonderful pieces of art calling my name to finish, a book proposal to get out and a glass of wine saying....chill baby chill! I love your posts....

3rdEyeMuse said...

that definitely looks like a GREAT day! the pincushions are so sweet and the fish so much fun, but I absolutely LOVE that apron ... thanks for re-posting this one!

Ginny Gaskill said...

Fun stuff to make. Enjoyed my visit to your blog.