Monday, July 20, 2009

remnants, a buried treasure

Seth, over at Buried Treasure, started a project to uncover an old favorite post in our archives. I am here at my Moms house again, one year later, experiencing the same pleasures of one year ago!
I have come to the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Florida to nurse my mother after her knee replacement surgery. Normally we would be walking on the beach taking photos of our barefeet in the sand. We might photograph pink flowers, bikini butts, umbrella drinks and sandcastles. But after bedside sitting tonight I have come to the end of my day to take pictures of what is left on the beach nearby her house and hospital room. It is a true fact that no day is a bad day spent at the beach. There is nothing like sand between your toes, the gritty, wet film on your skin, the sound of a huge heartbeat all around your body as the pulse of the waves serenade your weary ears. Whenever I need to feel calm, I go to the waters edge.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Send your mother my love... and best wishes for a speedy recovery...

You can find beauty in everything my dear friend. I miss you and look forward to chatting soon.

((hugs))

Dawn

Unknown said...

Tell your mom I said hi and wish her the best.

Love ya

Pam

Shanti Harvell said...

Hmmmm
I am at the beach with you and feel the sand between the tootsies..
Ahhhh
Reiki to your mom and you and you are so right about the beach dayz being all good dayz!
Blissings
Shanti

Anonymous said...

Mom should feel the sand between her toes soon. How could she not she has the best care there is. Hugs to you both........

Teteel said...

Hellow, Deb. Very beautiful photos, you find beauty everywhere. I send to your mom, my love and many wishes for feeling well soon.She has you, the best company, and all will be good. Many, many kisses to you both , love from Athens.

A tired retired recluse @ Swallowcliffs.blogspot.com/ said...

I love sand between my toes too!

FAQ said...

I wonder why the "water's edge" is so healing to me as well. Craig and I just retured from a one day adventure to Arbor House (a Bed and Breakfast) on the beach of Grandbury. We had so much fun at the beach and I told Craig that when I am near or in the water I am my most happiest. Swimming, feeling weightless, joyfull....I want so much to live near the water some day.

FAQ said...

Oh and I'm so sorry I forgot to mention speedy recovery to your sweet mother. XOXO to her and you!

Ginny Gaskill said...

This reminded me of how much I miss being at the ocean. Love the sea grasses.