Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sharing my Joy

My friend Meri hosts 
and I am here to 
JUMP AND SHOUT AND CELEBRATE 


 the fact that my son 
please visit the above link
will be returning Stateside 
in less than 30 days. 



He has almost completed his second tour of duty as a Scuba Diver for The Army. He will return home to Virginia to his bride and my favorite daughter-in-law EVER, Rachel, along with his easy chair, remote and Sunday Football, Tug, Dixie and Emma ( my grand canines and feline) 




I can not even begin to describe to you 
how this Mommas heart is filled with joy

 photo by Suzanne Fogarty

I will soon be able to randomly call him on occasion for no reason at all, other than to hear his sweet voice, and feel his smile thru the phoneline. I will shift my natural maternal worries to the streets of Richmond instead of the deserts and dark rivers in Iraq. And if I want to I can book a flight to be in his mighty arms in only a few hours...to smell his skin and look deep into those eyes, and KNOW....
just what a mother needs to know.


Share The Joy



15 comments:

Joanna said...

Oh that must be such a wonderful thing to look forward to. I can relate to hearing the voice and smelling the skin. It's so hard when our children are far away. I can't even think about what it would be like to have my boy in Iraq.

Miss Robyn said...

oh.. so beautiful.
I cannot begin to imagine what you must go through as a mother with a son in Iraq.. my son lives 12hrs away by car and I miss him dreadfully.
YOu must be so proud & yes, I can just imagine the joy you must be feeling right now xoxo
love the photos :) :)

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

What a beautiful post. Looking forward to the one where he comes home and you all jump into his arms.

rebecca said...

seriously...
jOY! complete and utter jOy.
let the count down BEGIN!!!

you are going to be so over the moon, matt will have to tie weights to your feet to keep you from flying away!

xoxoxoxoxo,
rebecca

Anonymous said...

gave me goosebumps

Anonymous said...

gave me goosebumps

Meri said...

I am so excited for you -- him, too, of course. His bride must be beside herself with joy and anticipation. I can tell you're jumping for JOY. And Virginia's not so far.

Kim Mailhot said...

True joy. So happy for you and Scooter and Rachel !
Big Love, Sweet Thang !

d smith kaich jones said...

i don't think there could be a bigger joy than this. love, love.

xoxo

Unknown said...

Complete and perfect JOY!! I am so happy that this boy...with YOUR smile! will be home soon.

your heARTS must be bursting

x..x
steph
p.s
come get some besos from me

Laura said...

I feel your exuberant joy and celebrate with you!

Eryl said...

This has got to be the most joyous thing I've read in a long time, if not ever. I actually have tears of joy running down my cheeks. Love those final two photographs.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Oh, how could you NOT be joyful? Here's hoping and praying for your son's safe return!

Rooftops

Linnhe Mara said...

Oh my. Thanks for sharing that most personal joy. I has truly lifted my day.

Annie Jeffries said...

I'm so happy for you, Deb. Though separated from my son, I've never had to suffer the fears and worries of a child being constantly in harms way. Please say "welcome home" for me.