Sunday, December 28, 2008

gift to myself

I rarely edit my photos, although I love the artistic effects of layers and textures. I've owned Photoshop Elements for several months and all I do is crop and use the Auto Fix, one click and I am done. December Views has been an opportunity to focus on my shutterbug passion and I decided to force myself to learn a technique or two before the New Year. I finally sat still long enough this morning with a half pot of coffee and photos from our visit to Padre Island last week. The days were foggy, cool and lazy. I captured some moments that don't need much editing, but definitely deserved some playfulness. I hope you enjoy my gift.

5 comments:

The Texas Woman said...

Oooh, I do like. Playing is fun, isn't it!

The Texas Woman

Vivienne said...

wonderful! i especially love the beach diptychs!

Kate I said...

These are really lovely...the grey tones are so beautiful.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Deb, thanks for always taking us on the best tours through your photography. Happy New Year my friend!

Brenda said...

I LOVE the one with the window/door effect...walking away on the beach! Just love it! You must give me some classes!