Thursday, December 11, 2008

Light of my Life

Tomorrow is my sons birthday. Kyle Mackey "Scooter" Broughton will be 25 years old. He will spend his birthday working on a Tugboat in the Puget Sound somewhere near Bellingham Bay. A far cry better than his 23rd birthday, the day he deployed to Iraq. Oh how I wish I could show up with a boatload of gumbo, tamales, chips and hot sauce! But in the meantime, I pray for his safety, well being and guidance thru the foggy days of decision making in between school and potential Army career. I spent most of the afternoon looking at one jillion photos, letters and momentos. What I wouldn't give for one of those "Mommy" kisses right now.

1 comment:

Hélène Deroubaix said...

this is a very touching post
shows how time flies, how precious each time with our loved ones is.
take care***