Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Love Shack

Inspired by Pam Sussmans book FABRIC ART JOURNALS, I made this house for Matt. It tells a personal story with photos and fabrics that tell our love story...well only a tiny part of it! Each side of the house represents our home with photos we printed on fabric. Even the bottom has a photo he took of the bottom of the rockers on our porch! Get it? The picture Matt took of me sewing on the porch was cleverly shot thru the arm of my sewing machine! He took that shot from inside the house without me knowing it. The close-up of stitching also has a fish bead and star fabric to represent the pond in our backyard where there are a million stars held in the Texas nightime sky. The inside has pockets for love notes, recipes and tiny little gifts and treasures. Our Bed & Breakfast guests always request the recipe for our house specialty muffins, so I printed the recipe on fabric for an inside pocket. The roof is an old patchwork quilt to cover and protect us, something which has very special meaning to us both. 
Ask not what your fabric can do for you, 
but what you can do for your fabric.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

great handy work

laurel said...

Deb, that is an awesome 'Love Shack'. So creative and cute. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comment. I'm enjoying your artwork and looking forward to seeing more.

Anonymous said...

GENIUS!! It's gawgeous!

Anonymous said...

this is amazing! makes me wish i could sew...

Hashi said...

Love this! It reminds me of Teesha Moore's work. Thanks for visiting my blog; I have subscribed to your so I can see more of your lovely stuff.

Jessica S. said...

i am in love with this!!! you are so talented!!!

Brenda said...

I just love it!

Joan said...

What a beautiful love story your love shack holds...
may they both last you a lifetime :)