Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hard at Art

This weekend is holiday and I have been set free to MAKE ART! Our Art Bodega is a wonderful building across the street we are using for our working studio. I have sewing machines, paints and fabrics...Matt has wood workshop, radio making station and album collections. We can sit for hours working on projects without even talking to each other, yet we are so conscious and in tune with each others creativity. Every now and then we play show and tell, ask for critique, and always offer adoration and encouragement. Occasionally we meet in the middle for a dance or two when he spins records, and the 100 year old wood floor squeaks as the scratch on the vinyl offers a slow serenade or jump and jive oldie! ~Life's a dance, you learn as you go. Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow. Don't worry bout what you don't know, life's a dance, you learn as you go~ " I wanna dance with somebody who loves me" Donna Summer "Don't it make ya wanna dance, don't it make ya wanna smile" B.W. Stevensen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these photos and can't wait to come see all this in person... love that photo of Matt too... I could envision you both taking a moment and dancing with each other...you both have such amazing spirits!

love,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a charmed life you're living! I am a mixed media artist living in the Cat Spring area, not too far from you. Don't know any artists in the area and was excited to run across your blog...makes one feel a little connected. Is there somewhere I might visit to see and purchase some of your wonderful art? I Just love to take in the magic of others creations whenever possible and sometimes take some of that magic home with me! Blessings...