Friday, February 19, 2010

9 days, 9 inches

ch-ch-CHANGE. In nine days my son will deploy to Iraq. February 28 is the last day of this cold month. It is my baby brothers birthday. I will welcome March and warmer temps. I celebrate the life and health of my brother David. But I wish that day would never come, and I could blink my eyes, wiggle my nose and click my heels to fast forward to one year from now when he returns home with that HUGE smile and his ginormous shoulders to wrap a hard hug back on me. Besides, remember One Son...you owe me a dance!! In the meantime, we will be rebuilding, remodeling, and redecorating Heritage Haus, and be back in business. and nine inches later, my hair is springy, bouncy and healthy again; still grey all the way!! and Sgt Broughton, I will save you a space on my dance card.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks great!

I wish you could fast forward the time until his return, too.

Michelle said...

Check. Cut Hair is now off list of To-Do's.
Next?

Cheers@

Kim Mailhot said...

You look so sassy and springy ! So beautiful.

Hold that dance card close, Strong One. Safe Voyage for your Son...

Teteel said...

Great haircut! You look wonderful!

sperlygirl said...

you look so beautiful, deb! my heart sends you much strength while your son is on tour. xx s

rebecca said...

you are beautiful and brave.
i have you in my heart.
xoxoxo,
rebecca

kt said...

short and sassy great look on you, love the gray by the way! stay strong with everything that is going on!
kt

Meri said...

I don't like to hear that your son is deploying, so I am sure you have great concern as well as pride. And your hair is GORGEOUS! Did you have qualms as the snipping started?

Staci Danford said...

OMG... I love your hair.. It looks fabulous on you... Just great.. Best wishes for a quick year..
Staci