Monday, January 12, 2009

from my kitchen to yours

something about taking photographs of random moments make me so happy! and if you have never roasted cauliflower...you are missing out! break into flowerettes. toss with good olive oil, garlic buds and sea salt. Roast at 500 degrees for 15 minutes. turn down the oven to about 350 degrees for another 30-ish minutes. those little brown bits are to die for. I stood at the oven and ate with my fingers. the entire pan was almost gone by dinnertime, then we finished it off for a bedtime snack! YEP! it's that good...not the old mushy stuff in cafeteria lines with melted Velveeta, or the raw crunchy stuff at office parties dipped in Ranch Dressing, but golden, roasted, rich tasting, good for ya cauliflower!

5 comments:

The Texas Woman said...

I be goin' to the store tomorrow and buyin' me some. Sounds interesting and tasty!

The Texas Woman

Light and Voices said...

Thanks for the recipe! Never had it. Gonna.
Joyce

Dianna Woolley said...

Caulifower good enough to eat standing up - I have to try it!

I love the random moments you capture - the egg/floor very familiar even though it seldom happens. My doggies would have yummed up the egg faster than I could've gotten a camera.....

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

My Mom-in-Law made some baked cauliflower with nutmeg - I wasn't really fond if it but I think she added too much nutmeg. I'm going to try your because I really do love cauliflower!
Thanks for giving us the recipe.

Anonymous said...

I am going to try this on Friday! Need to shop a bit first. :)