Sunday, October 4, 2009

eye to eye

Nothing gives me more pleasure as a photographer than to capture the true, vulnerable, playful, honest and raw spirit of a human being. Oh those eyes, the portal to the soul. And I am honored when someone allows me to enter. Thank you. For you are the ones who allow me to express my own creativity behind the lens. "Photography records the gamut of feelings written on the human face, the beauty of the earth and skies that man has inherited, and the wealth and confusion man has created. It is a major force in explaining man to man." ~Edward Steichen~

8 comments:

Michelle said...

amen.

Staci Danford said...

You are just the most precious, fabulous soul.. We are all better just for knowing you..
Staci

kt said...

deb
these photos are beautiful

Kim Mailhot said...

Beautiful photos, deb ! The eyes have it !!!!!

Funny thing...for years I have been know as the girl who closes her eyes in photos - even on the day David and I got married. Drove the photographer nuts ! And you know what? I started taking pictures of myself when Misty put up the challenge of self-portraits and since them, my most favorite photos of myself are the ones I take - I almost always love my eyes in them ! Maybe I haven't found a photographer I really trust to capture my soul in a picture...I bet I would trust you...maybe someday...
You are such a loving photographer, Deb. That's why people let you go at it from whatever angle you choose. That is a gift !
Hope your week is full of fantastic shots !
Big Love !

christina said...

i know this feeling! your photography is touching and beautiful.
: )

Brenda said...

Ditto on Staci's comment!
And the pics are great! Love the little girl best, but then again I am a bit partcial to them!

HLiza said...

Hi Deb, those pics speak louder than words..faboulous!

beth said...

wow...did you ever capture what you were looking for that was given to you so freely....

these are wonderful !