Monday, September 8, 2008

a familiar scent

My next door neighbors laundry hanging on the line this morning transcended me to Isla Mujeres, Mexico, where I lived before I came to Carmine. The local 'Lavederias" used the same strong smelling detergent that permeated the air all over the island mixed with Pollo BBQ, taquerias, and Tikin Xic ( traditional fish grilled on a plank on open fire) Funny how a familiar scent can take you so far away to another time and place like it was right this very moment. So have a wander with me down some familiar sights of my old neighborhood, and tell me if you can smell it too...?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love the pictures, but I think I love your melons most!
Too perfect! Keep dreaming!

PJHornbergerFolkArtist.com said...

Love all the color! Especially the frozen treats. So pretty...

Shanti Harvell said...

Yum Yum to the tum tum, Frozen Treats! Love your Pic! You are so beautiful darlin!
OH my gosh awesome shots....
Shanti