Monday, January 4, 2016

selfies vs self portraits : Part 2

I have been pondering the difference lately 
about selfies and self portraits.
I do both. They each have important and valuable 
roles to me as a photographer.
This is my story...scattered, smothered and 
UN-covered.



My selfies are random and playful. Spur of the moment. Grab the phone and post. Unedited. Sharing bits and pieces of my day.




My work as a self portrait artist involves prompts from online workshops, my Big Girl Camera, tripod, remote timers and vintage dresses. I set out to write a story with my camera. I usually post-process before posting. I feel complete.  Like an amazing bowel movement ( yep, I just typed that ) 







So there. I think the difference for me between selfies and self-portraits are this....one I share bits of my day, the other I am cracking open my heart, looking at all the scattered pieces and then sharing those bits with you.

No comments: