Monday, April 26, 2010

I just gotta say...


 
I should be sanding walls. I should be preparing kits for my upcoming journal class at Paper Cowgirl. I should be editing photos for Beth Anderson to print her brochure. I should be pulling weeds. I should be leaving for yoga class right now.I should be cooking dinner. I should be taking down the clothes on the line. I should be shaving my legs....NOT! No way. But instead I walk around in some sort of funk, bumping into walls and projects like a lost marble in a pinball machine. Maybe it's the full moon.Maybe I am really hungry. Or what I really think it is, my son is on a secret mission for The Army, and I don't like it one bit. He calls to chat a bit before leaving. He is calm. Just something routine. This is his job, he loves his job. He does NOT love The Army, but he LOVES scuba diving and being under or near the water. So I love that he loves this. I am just saying that I hate the war and wish each and every single one of our soldiers could come home, RIGHT NOW. So there. I said it. Now maybe I will go shave my legs...NOT! But what I will do is light another candle, finish my laundry and go get dirty in the weeds.

9 comments:

Hashi said...

I want him home too. I want them all home. Hang in there, Deb.

Cindy (JunqueArt) said...

I hear ya Deb. I am in a funk too and can't seem to do the things I need to do. Now you have a reason...I don't, well I do but not as important as yours. Here's to your Son! We appreciate him! Like you I wish it would all end right now! Looking forward to meeting you in June!

FAQ said...

I'm right there with yah Deb, but we just gotta keep on keepin' on. It's what we mothers do I guess. Hang in there sistah.

Bunny said...

Ah, Deb! It must be exhausting. Sending you a great big hug and lots of love.

Teteel said...

Ιn my mind, i am with you. I don't want to say words... I am sending you many kisses and a b i g hug.

sperlygirl said...

brave mama, you are in my heart. i understand. xx s

Meri said...

Thanks for the reminder to hold him energetically in a big blanket of safety.

Michelle said...

Focus.
Remember.
Energize.
Emerge.
Dream.
Organize.
Meditate.

spells freedom.

cconz said...

I love you girl and i don't even know you. I'd love to see it all come to screeching halt too, I can't help but think if it was the cards , it would be over.I think there is something that we don't know. Go shave your legs.. NOT!!!