Sunday, September 19, 2010

Just sit there and look pretty



Back in January 2009, I accepted an art challenge with Misty Mawns January Journal Project. It launched my self portrait journey with painting, collage and photography. I never really liked to draw, sketch or paint. I want to stitch and sew. Or I would rather take your photograph, of YOU siting pretty, not one of myself. But I continued to accept the 30 days of prompts and ended up falling in love with the process. I already love myself, so the confidence to reveal myself was not the challenge.I was pushed to pick up a pencil and blank canvas and draw a like image of myself on that page. Now that was hard. But it became easier with collage, and then photography. I eventually got a remote which made self portraits much safer when I was trying to leap over stone walls at the local cemetery to get just that right angle near the dead tree!
Debi over at Emma Tree is hosting a giveaway on her blog for your interpretation of JUST SIT THERE AND LOOK PRETTY. All of the above ramblings are mine! If you click on the bold pink words it will link you back to some of my self portrait posts.

10 comments:

beth said...

does everyone love you as much as i do ?
i love this photo...it made my heart swell and tears fall as i laughed.....

and oh how i wish you could meet misty in real life....you know she's a friend of mine, right ?

maybe i can work something out :)

rebecca said...

i love you! you are beautiful...
come get RED with me.

xoxoxoxoxox,
rebecca

skye said...

Your photo made me smile & I love your site! Good on ya, mate!!

Jaime said...

Such an adorable image...you made me laugh!

I love your spirit. xo

Amy said...

This is such a fabulous photo! I giggled my head off. You are terrific. =D

Cheri said...

kinda looks like you just sucked on a lemon. I'm glad you had fun with this challenge!

mrs mediocrity said...

yes, a big smile, for your image and for you....

kate i said...

Thanks for the laugh Deb...I love that you took such a lighthearted approach. I've seen your other pictures and I know just how adorably pretty you are!

Anonymous said...

Deb,
Wonderful approach to this “pretty” thing…humor and exuberance…made me feel SO good. I love it! Blessings, Connie

Pseudo said...

Great first impression for a first visitor. I love the photo. I think I would enjoy the journal challenge...