Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wednesday Window

just before sunset I took myself into the backyard with intention of photographing my creations of the day. I have been making purses and tote bags from silk neckties, vintage men's dress shirts, and linen napkins. Now let me tell you, I have photographed naked women, grumpy men, fruits and flowers and restaurant food, but handbags are the worst. No life, no form , no shape without the contents of wallets, hairbrushes, lipstick, tampons, iPods, lost keys, stale gum, hairbands, and movie ticket stubs. They just hang there, limp and lifeless! But oh how Laurie can bring it to life! I have been busy driving my sewing machine getting ready for another Artisan "First Thursday" in Beaumont next week. and my shorts prove it that I have been secretly painting some new whimsys too! maybe I will show and tell my Mermaid, Saints and such if I finish them.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Ok, now I am going to have to buy a tie skirt!!! Love the bags too! Looks like you are having some real fun!

Teteel said...

I adore them. They are so colourful,and joyful and so practical with these pockets. Your work is great. Love from wounded Athens.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. The bag is awesome too hehe. :D

Meri said...

I'm still celebrating your "charmed" life and inclusion in Cloth, Paper, Scissors!