Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 11: Virgin a Day

This was my first canvas painting EVER in my life. Random, no clue what to do. But with the guidance of my painter friend, Mary Lou, I have since painted a few Virgins, and actually sold them, too! Why? I have no idea, but what I do know is that they make me happy, and obviously others, too! They have also been a part of Rebeccas 12 days of Virgins, sharing with each other stories and philosophies of this beloved icon. Who knew that she would lace us all together from so many different perspectives, mediums and personalities?

5 comments:

Spadoman said...

Deb... I love your Virgin artwork. The daily posts have been fantastic. It's too bad this project has to end, and maybe it won't entirely. Thanks for everything.
Peace to all.

Annie Jeffries said...

Deb! Thank you so much for the inspiration to follow in your footsteps. You have stepped out bravely and been handsomely rewarded with financial appreciation and the gift of sharing Her light with others. She is completely enchanting.

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

Your first representation of Our Lady is wonderful, warm, simple--a saint for every day. I'm not surprised you sell your artwork.

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Bravo(a) that others see the value in what you do! I hope you do too! Your approach is joyful, gentle, innocent, and full of unconditional love.
You are right, the images of our Mother does make us happy.

Noelle Clearwater said...

It is a beautiful painting and a lovely representation of Our lady. I love its simplicity and strength. Happy Feast Day.
xo,
Noelle